When I tell people about our family’s Lyme disease, they are usually interested in listening to our story and our various treatments. When I bring up the fact that Misha and I are not taking antibiotics (yet), they get a look in their eyes like, “oh boy, Elaine has fallen off her rocker and is in lala herb land.” I’m here to say that these herbs, specialized for Lyme treatment, are strong business. Our LLMD started us on one drop once a day, and we’ve gradually increased to now 12 drops 2 times a day. Jackson also takes these herbs and has worked up to 7 drops, twice a day. At $100 per one ounce bottle, I hope they’re doing something! They taste like sh*t, but what can you do? We’re killing the Lyme and Co-Infections with Herbs. Antibiotics will be coming in the near future, but I appreciate our LLMD’s knowledge of alternative medicines so that we do not have to be on antibiotics as long.
How They Work (http://www.wayneanderson.com/pages/formulas/abart)
These herbal formulas have been developed over the last 20 years by the master herbalist and energetic healer Dr. Byron White. The herbs have been specifically selected for their synergistic qualities. These formulas are herbal extracts (1:1) using purified grape alcohol. The herbs along with their synergistic energetics have been specifically selected for use with Chronic Lyme disease and the chronic fatigue-like illnesses. They are an important piece in the case management of Chronic Lyme disease.
The formulas are designed to work energetically and herbally. Dr. White has created a fundamentally different approach to the treatment of microorganisms. He has found, through specific blends of herbs, combined with the principles of physics, a way to neutralize the energetics of pathogens. Each formula targets a specific pathogen, weakens it, disorganizing its ability to function and reproduce. This works through the immune system, identifying the threat, herbally neutralizing it and helping to eliminate it from the body. The energetic components of the formulas can reach any place in the body, unlike other forms of treatment.
Byron White Herbal Formulas
The 3 Byron White Herbal Formulas we are on: A-L Complex, A-BART, A-BAB
Primary Provoking Action of A-L:
- This herbal formula is designed to activate the immune system against all forms of Borrelia burgdorferi (Bb).
- It will stimulate the immune system against the spirochete form of Bb.
- It has the capacity to penetrate the Bb cyst.
- A-L will work intracellularly against the cell wall deficient forms of Bb.
- Besides working intracellularly, it will work on the more naïve extracellular Bb forms.
- It can be used in the treatment of acute and chronic Bb.
- It will work on all strains of Borrelia.
- This formula will support the suppressed immune system that results for chronic exposure to these bacteria.
Secondary Provoking Actions of A-L Complex:
This formula is designed with the assumption that Borrelia never comes alone. Babesia, Bartonella, Ehrlichia, and probably Mycoplasma often accompany it. To a lesser degree A-L supports the immune system to address these co-infections.
Lyme disease has a progressive immune suppressive effect. The more chronic the infection the more the patient experiences an overgrowth of opportunistic organisms. This formula helps address these infections and decrease the pathogen load. The herbs in this formula have historically been used against a wide number of bacteria, viral, fungal, and parasitic organisms. These include Staph, Strep, Fungal and Candida forms, Trichomonas, Chlamydia, (among others).
REGULATORY MECHANISMS OF A-L Complex:
- This combination of herbs has a direct affect on the brain and nervous system. It reduces inflammation, lowering inflammatory cytokines levels to improve insomnia, anxiety and restlessness.
- A-L Complex has adaptogenic properties helping the adrenal system deal with the stress of chronic illness.
- This formula helps breaks up congestion and stagnation in the lymphatic and circulatory systems. It also helps loosen and break up catarrhal and remove it from the sinus and lungs.
- It is tonifying for the GI track as well as the lungs, kidneys, heart and liver. It removes waste from the body and allowing the beneficial affects of the herbs to reach into deeper levels of these tissues.
- Most importantly it helps regulate the compromised methylation and other detox pathways as it works to excrete dead cells through the lymphatic and hepatic systems.
- The formula acts as a binding agent that absorbs toxins.
REGENERATIVE MECHANISMS OF A-L Complex:
- The Lyme patient is often compromised nutritionally. The herbs provides easily absorbed nutrient including calcium, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, selenium, zinc, Vit B1, B2, B3 and Vitamin C.
- The formula helps with the biosynthesis of fatty acids, cholesterol, triglycerides, and phospholipids.
- It counteracts hypercoagulation, thus reversing capillary stagnation.
- Modulates the immune system by stimulating white blood cell production.
- Has an adaptogenic effect that helps the body regain metabolic balance.
- Tonic rejuvenating effect on the heart, liver, and kidney.
- It balances the heat and cooling properties of the system having a constitutional harmonizing effect.
Primary Provoking Action of A-BART:
- This herbal formula is designed to activate the immune system in acute and chronic the Bartonella infections.
- It is equally effective for Bartonella Like Organisms (BLO).
- It can be useful in the management of Borrelia, other co-infections and opportunistic pathogens.
Secondary Provoking Actions of A-BART:
Bartonella infections are thought to be more common that Borrelia infections. We know the tick borne infection come in groups. A-Bart has been engineered to act on the accompanying co-infections and opportunistic infections. It has action against the Borrelia, Babesia and Mycoplasma species. A-BART will have an immune modulating effect for the patient with chronic infections. It will have some immune activation against fungal, viral, and parasite.
REGULATORY MECHANISMS OF A-BART:
- The synergistic herbal combination acts specifically on the nervous system helping with pain, anxiety, sleep, headache and restlessness.
- The formula balances Serotonin and other neurotransmitters helping the patient to deal with depression, insomnia and pain.
- A-Bart is designed to improve the detox pathways. As with all neurotoxins, methylation is slow and lymphatic flow is congested. This formula is designed to enhance the binding and excretion of toxins through the system.
- Auto immunity can be improved as A-Bart works to reduce inflammation, decreases congestion and improves circulation.
- This combination helps with muscle spasm, joint pain, hypertension, hypotension, digestive difficulties, gastritis, ulcers, sore glands, and sore throat, diarrhea and blood sugar difficulties.
- It has a tonifying effect on the GI tract, liver, lung and lymphatic systems.
Primary Provoking Action of A-BAB:
- This formula activates the immune response for the management of acute and chronic Babesiosis.
- It can be effective with of all forms of Babesia (14 known species) including B. microti and WA-1.
- It can be useful against malarial and parasitic organisms.
Secondary Provoking Actions of A-BAB:
Babesia like Borrelia and the other co-infections seldom come alone. Patients with Babesiosis often have opportunistic infections. A-BAB activates the immune system in addressing these opportunistic bacterial strains including Borrelia, Bartonella and Ehrlichia species. This formula also helps the immune system control viral organisms, forms of Candida, some protozoan parasites and malaria. It enables the immune system to recognize, treat and unload these imbalanced opportunistic infections.
REGULATORY MECHANISMS OF A-BAB:
- Babesia is an aggressive infection that inflames the brain. This results in hypo perfusion of areas of the brains including the hypothalamus, prefrontal cortex and the autonomic nervous system. A-BAB counteracts this circulatory inhibition.
- A-BAB has its primary affect on the brain. It decreases inflammation and helps reintegrate brain function. It can revive memory, concentration and problem solving.
- A-BAB has a harmonizing effect on the nervous system. It is designed to help insomnia, anxiety, mood instability and restlessness.
- This formula can balance serotonin and the other neurotransmitters helping depression, pain and sleeplessness.
- This formula has a primary affect on inflammation, cellular congestion and circulatory stagnation. As these metabolic imbalances improve the formula are able to drive deeper into the tissue to help the immune system rid the body of these pathogens and toxins.
- Hyper and/or hypotension, racing heart, digestive difficulties, blood sugar changes, increased cholesterol, and liver dysfunction are all Babesia symptoms and can improve with this formula.
- The formula has a tonifying effect on the GI tract and liver.
- It is an analgesic that helps regulate temperature tolerance and cognitive function.